Thursday, July 6, 2017

How to Eat More and Lose Weight

HOW TO EAT MORE AND LOSE WEIGHT

Disclaimer: 

This is an I Preach – but – You Practice Sermon. 

I do not practice what I preach. 

(That is why I Eat Less and Weigh More)

So  Dear Reader  you please try this technique at your own risk and tell us if it works.

Remember this Slogan: 

NATURE WILL CASTIGATE THOSE WHO DONT MASTICATE

EAT MORE but LOSE WEIGHT 
I Preach – but – You Practice” Sermon
By
VIKRAM KARVE

I love to preach  but I seldom practice what I preach. 

Yes, I believe in the dictum: 

Preach  but first let others practice what you preach.

So here is some friendly advice on how to reduce your weight. 

Please try it out and tell me if it works for you. 

If it works for you, maybe I will try it out myself  for I too need to reduce my weight.

HOW TO REDUCE YOUR WEIGHT BY EATING PROPERLY 

Are you on the “healthier” side...?

Do you want to reduce your weight...?

Around 15 years ago while browsing in my favourite Oxford Book Store near my home opposite the Oval near Churchgate in Mumbai  I came across a book which described a weight reduction technique called Fletcherism. 

I don’t remember the name of the book  but I made mental notes about this unique weight reduction method  and now  I have decided to try it out. 

Or rather  I prefer that you – my Dear Reader  try out this weight reduction technique first  and you tell me if it works – so that I can try it out myself.

So  if you are one of those who want to reduce some weight  why don’t you try out this technique too – and let us compare notes after a few days.

First – let me tell you the essence of this weight reduction method called Fletcherism.

Most dieting plans tell us WHAT TO EAT  

Fletcherism tells us HOW TO EAT 

In my view  as I could understand then  from my browsing  the 7 cardinal principles of Fletcherism are as follows: 

    1.  Chew your food to a pulp or milky liquid until it practically swallows itself. You must keep chewing each mouthful of food until it becomes a watery mass in your mouth before swallowing. This has two effects: Firstly  if you chew your food for so long  you will be consuming your meal at a slower rate. Secondly  the reduction of this food to a watery mass means that it will be less difficult to extract nutrients from the food. Even liquids must be “chewed” properly...!!! 

    2.  Never eat until hungryFollow the dictum: When Hungry Eat  When Tired Sleep. Let your body clock decide your mealtimes  not the chronological time. Do not let the clock on the wall – or the watch on your wrist – or the “lunch break” – dictate when you must eat. Also  when you Eat – just Eat – which is exemplified in the next principle.

    3. Enjoy every morsel of your food  savouring the flavour  until it is swallowed. Close your eyes and focus on your food and eat mindfully with full awareness – you will truly relish the taste and enjoy the aroma and flavour of your food. Never multitask while eating. When you eat, just eat  don't do anything else.

     4. Do not eat when tired, angry, worried. During mealtimes  and whenever you eat  refuse to think or talk about unpleasant subjects. 
          
     5. Enjoy your food with people who generate positive vibes in you while eating. Avoid eating with persons who hassle you 

     6.  Never eat in a hurry and avoid “grabbing a bite” syndrome. Yes  this is most important - never “grab that bite”.
       
     7.  Avoid eating in places not conducive for relaxed eating. Never eat in your workplace  in your office  or at your desk. Never eat in an atmosphere of negative vibes. Eating must be a happy relaxing experience. So always take a break  go to some nice place and eat in pleasant company or in glorious solitude.

Horace Fletcher (1849–1919)  the man who advocated this technique  is believed to have said: 

“Nature will castigate those who dont masticate...” 

He also advised against eating before being “Good and Hungry”  he said that you must never eat while angry or sad. 

Fletcher promised that Fletcherizing”  as it became known – would turn “a pitiable glutton into an intelligent epicurean”.

So  if you are one of those who want to reduce some weight  why don’t you try out this technique and give us your feedback. 

Come on, be game, please try out some Fletcherism and let us know what happened. 

I eagerly await your comments. 

And  while I wait for your comments  I will chew on regardless...!!!

It may be apt to end with a quote from Mahatma Gandhi: 

CHEW YOUR DRINK and DRINK YOUR FOOD 

and a Chinese Saying: 

CHEW YOUR FOOD BECAUSE YOUR STOMACH HAS NO TEETH

Happy Eating  Oh, Sorry  Happy Chewing...!!! 

VIKRAM KARVE
Copyright © Vikram Karve 
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Vikram Karve
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

Disclaimer: 
1. This is a fictional spoof, satire, pure fiction, just for fun and humor, no offence is meant to anyone, so take it with a pinch of salt and have a laugh.
2. This is based on my reading – not on my personal experience. It may or may not work for you. So please exercise due diligence before trying out the tips mentioned in the article.
3. All stories in this blog are a work of fiction. Events, Places, Settings and Incidents narrated in the stories are a figment of my imagination. The characters do not exist and are purely imaginary. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Copyright Notice:
No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Vikram Karve who holds the copyright.

Copyright © Vikram Karve (all rights reserved)

This is a Revised and Updated Version of My Article EAT MORE LOSE WEIGHT written by me Vikram Karve 15 years ago in the year 2002 and and posted online earlier a number of times in my blogs at url: http://karvediat.blogspot.in/2012/07/eat-more-lose-weight.html

No comments: