Tuesday, September 1, 2015

DO YOU STEAL CONTENT – BLOG PLAGIARISM

BLOG PLAGIARISM 

Plagiarism means representing my work as your own – stealing my writing from my blog and posting it on your blog under your name without giving due author credit to me.

COPYCATS IMITATORS and PLAGIARISTS  THE BANE OF BLOGOSPHERE
Musings
By
VIKRAM KARVE

BLOG PLAGIARISM

A few years ago – short stories from my creative writing blog were being regularly stolen by some unscrupulous person who shamelessly my stories on his blog under his name.

Yes  believe it or not – my entire Blog was Plagiarized.

I was informed of this by one of my readers.

When confronted and exposed – the content-thief (plagiariser) shut down his blog.

In another case – a student copied my management article from my blog and submitted it to an Ezine which duly published the article under his name.

The biggest joke was that the owner of the Ezine Website saw my original article on my blog – and without checking the date of posting – he accused me of plagiarism.

Once I pointed out to him that I had posted the article 3 years before it was published on his website – he became apologetic and said he will debar the particular plagiariser student from his website.

I also sent an email to the Director of the Business School where the plagiariser student was studying – and soon enough – received an apology from the student.

Just like there are burglars, robbers and thieves in the real world – there are thieves in the blogosphere who steal content and plagiarise the work of others.

Of course – I am a blogger who is not interested in making money from my blog – nor am I bothered about Search Engine Rankings – but for those who do – Blog Plagiarism can be a serious matter.

Some people create their own merit.

Others plagiarize.

Plagiarism means representing my work as your own.

Inspiration is the new euphemism for Plagiarism. 

You plagiarize someone else’s work.

And  when you are caught  you say that you were Inspired” by the work – so you shamelessly copied the blog post – and tried to pass off as your own.

Plagiarism happens everywhere - this happens with all creative and artistic works  even in the academic, scientific, research and industrial world. 

There are copycats and imitators everywhere.

Information Technology has made plagiarism very easy.

You can surf the internet  and find what you want to plagiarize.

Then  you just have to copy and paste  that is all.

Plagiarism is rampant in the blogging world too. 

As I told you earlier – my Blogs were Plagiarized too.

I feel very sad when some unscrupulous persons plagiarize my writings  especially when they copy-paste my blog posts onto their blogs  and try to pass off my creative writing as their own.

To such persons I can only say: Please create your own original writing, especially fiction, and please do not plagiarize the creative works of others.

You must create your own merit and not piggyback on others.

Copying and Plagiarizing is sacrilege – yes  this unethical act is the scourge of the blogosphere and a big nuisance to genuine bloggers.

I earnestly appeal to all fellow bloggers and creative writers to please be original.

Please do not copy  do not imitate  or do not plagiarize under any circumstances.

Have some self respect. 

Please be creative. 

Create your own merit.

Don’t be a copycat.

Nowadays – you can use the Social Media (Facebook and Twitter) to expose such unscrupulous plagiarists and thieves who steal your content.

Many of these plagiarists are cowards and hide behind masks of anonymity.

They Blog under fictitious identities using fancy nom de plumes or fake “handles”. 

You will find such cowards on the Social Media (Twitter Facebook) as well.

These masqueraders are afraid of revealing their true identity on Twitter and Facebook and use fake anonymous handles and pictures.

In order to drive home the point regarding the dangers of imitation and plagiarism  I would like to tell all copycats this story – a favourite teaching story of mine: GUTEIS FINGER 

A Story for COPYCATS IMITATORS and PLAGIARISTS

GUTEI’S FINGER

Whenever anyone asked him about Zen  the great master Gutei would quietly raise one finger into the air.

A naughty boy in the village began to imitate this behaviour.

Whenever he heard people talking about Gutei’s teachings  the naughty boy would interrupt the discussion and raise his finger.

Gutei heard about the boy’s mischief.

One day Gutei he saw the mischievous boy in the street.

Gutei apprehended the boy and caught hold of him. 

Then  Gutei pulled out a knife and he cut off the boy’s finger.

Yes – the Zen Master Gutei cut off the boy’s finger.

The stunned and terrified boy cried in agony.

Then the boy got so frightened that he began to run off  horrified by the sight of his profusely bleeding finger  petrified with fear  and trembling with unimaginable pain and unbearable distress.

As the boy was running away  Gutei shouted the boy’s name and called out to him.

When the boy turned to look  Gutei raised his finger into the air.

The naughty boy, whose finger had been cut off by Gutei, looked at Gutei’s Finger.

At that moment  the boy became enlightened.


So – Dear Blog Plagiarists – before you steal my content – remember this story of Gutei’s Finger” – I may metaphorically do to you what Gutei actually did to the naughty boy.

Happy “Original” Blogging.

VIKRAM KARVE
Copyright © Vikram Karve 
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Vikram Karve
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

Disclaimer:
All stories in this blog are a work of fiction. Events, Places, Settings and Incidents narrated in the stories are a figment of my imagination. The characters do not exist and are purely imaginary. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Copyright Notice:
No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Vikram Karve who holds the copyright.
© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

Copyright © Vikram Karve (all rights reserved)

Revised Version of my blog post GUTEI’S FINGER written by me Vikram Karve more than 10 years ago in the year 2005 and posted online earlier in my blogs at urls: http://karvediat.blogspot.in/2010/09/teaching-story-guteis-finger.html  and  http://karvediat.blogspot.in/2012/06/copycats-imitators-and-plagiarists-bane.html  and  http://karvediat.blogspot.in/2013/02/blog-plagiarism.html etc

No comments: