Monday, April 8, 2013

Prophecy about India by Winston Churchill

I once read a quote about India attributed to Winston Churchill. 

Maybe the quote is apocryphal and I wonder whether he really said this, but at one point of time Winston Churchill was against granting independence to India so it is possible that he probably made this statement which is attributed to him:

Power will go to the hands of rascals, rogues and freebooters. 
All Indian leaders will be of low calibre and men of straw. 
They will have sweet tongues and silly hearts. 
They will fight amongst themselves for power and India will be lost in political squabbles. 
A day would come when even air and water would be taxed.

Winston Churchill made this prophecy about India almost 70 years ago. 
I wonder whether his predictions are really coming true. 
I feel sad, helpless, as there is nothing I can do about it, but watch on haplessly. 



No comments: