Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Rescue Strategy - a Mulla Nasrudin Story

One day Mulla Nasrudin saw a crowd gathered near the river bank.

A rich but stingy businessman, the biggest miser (kanjoos) in town, had fallen into the water and was shouting for help.

People were leaning over and saying, "Give me your hand... Give me your hand..." but the businessman did not pay attention to their offer to rescue him and he kept wrestling with the water and shouting for help.

Finally Mulla Nasrudin stepped forward and said: "Let me handle this." He stretched out his hand toward the businessman and shouted at him, "Take my hand...Take my hand...!"

The businessman grabbed Mulla Nasrudin's hand and was hoisted out of the water. 

The surprised people asked Mulla Nasrudin for the secret of his strategy.

"It is very simple," Nasrudin replied. "I know this miser wouldn't give anything to anyone. So instead of saying 'Give me your hand ' I said, 'Take my hand ' and sure enough he took it."

No comments: